Analytical Group Leader
Brooks Applied Labs, an analytical laboratory in Bothell specializing in trace metals analysis and speciation, is looking for a bright, hard-working, and enthusiastic person with excellent supervisory skills to lead our analytical chemistry group focused primarily on mercury and arsenic speciation.
Duties: This is a peer leader position that will be responsible for analysis of samples following EPA Methods and SOPs by HG-CT-AAS (EPA 1632) and CVAFS (EPA 1630 & 1631); preparation of samples (waters, sediments, biota, etc.), calibration of lab equipment, lab maintenance, and cleaning. This position oversees 2-3 people and is responsible for giving constructive and relevant feedback to group members on a timely basis and ensuring maximum efficiency to process samples on time while maintaining high standards of quality. This person will also be responsible for effectively communicating with other groups to ensure project requirements and turn-around-times are met.
- BS/BA degree in chemistry, environmental science, or a related field
- Two years of relevant analytical laboratory experience
- Previous supervisory experience
- Very high level of organization and attention to detail
- Positive, upbeat attitude is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and stay on top of many projects at the same time
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with a high level of success
- Ability to lift 20 pounds and stand for periods of up to 10 hours
- Desire to continuously learn and develop new methods and technologies
- A penchant for perfection and an eagerness to learn, contribute, and excel
- Must be legally able to work in the US, local candidates are preferred
* A familiarity with analysis by CVAFS and/or HG-CT-AAS is a big plus.
Position Details: This position reports directly to the VP of Operations. Pay rate is dependent on level of experience. This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position with full benefits. Please visit our careers page for more information.
If you have a desire to perform laboratory work in a field where you can make a difference, you are encouraged to apply. If you are an awesome analyst and want to wake up every morning and look forward to going to work, you are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a desire to perform laboratory work in a field where you can make a difference, you are encouraged to apply. To be considered for a position at Brooks Applied Labs, please email your cover letter (please feel free to express your personality!) and resume to email@example.com; please reference “Analytical Group Leader” in the subject line.