Business Development Assistant
Brooks Applied Labs (BAL) is a growing analytical chemistry laboratory in Bothell, Washington specializing in trace metals analysis and elemental speciation, and we are looking for a Business Development (BD) Assistant to join our team. As a BD Assistant, you would work directly with all six members of the BD Team, assisting with a variety of tasks with primary responsibility for keeping the BD Team operating efficiently by providing stellar administrative support. For this new position, BAL requires a hard-working, bright, customer-service oriented person with exceptional organizational and communication skills.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, setting up new client folders and initiating draft quotes for incoming requests, assisting with data entry in Customer Relationship Management software (CRM), generating a variety of reports used throughout the organization, helping to create dynamic MS PowerPoint presentations, maintaining BD Group travel calendar, booking travel arrangements, assisting BD Team on proposal development, working with Graphic Designer on marketing-related tasks, occasionally fielding web and phone requests, and eventually generating basic quotes for clients. Some infrequent travel may be required to attend national trade shows as an exhibitor for BAL’s display booth.
- Proven ability to provide outstanding customer service to internal and external clients
- Aptitude and enthusiasm related to sales and marketing
- Exceptional attention to detail, the ability to work under pressure, and multi-task
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Positive attitude and ability to work with teams and independently
- BA/BS degree in a physical science is preferred; college-level chemistry coursework or laboratory work experience may substitute
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics or other CRM software a bonus
- Must be legally able to work in the U.S.
Position Details: Compensation for this entry-level business development position is dependent on sales and laboratory experience. This is a full-time, hourly (non-exempt; eligible for overtime) position with full benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance, generous PTO, 401k matching, profit-sharing, and significant opportunities for growth. Please see our website our careers page for more information.
If you have a desire to be part of a dynamic and growing company that performs high-level laboratory work in a field where you can make a difference, you are encouraged to apply.
To be considered for a position at Brooks Applied Labs, please email your cover letter (please feel free to express your personality!) and resume to email@example.com; please reference “BD Assistant” in the subject line.