Sample Preparation Chemist
Do you want to work at a small company where everyone’s contribution is encouraged and rewarded? Somewhere that actually cares about each individual that works there, no matter what their role. How about a place that celebrates achievements, keeps you challenged, welcomes diversity, and provides endless opportunities for learning?
Brooks Applied Labs, an analytical laboratory in Bothell specializing in trace metals analysis and speciation, is looking for a bright, hard-working, and enthusiastic person with excellent laboratory skills to be a part of our analytical chemistry group focused solely on preparation of samples (waters, sediments, biota, etc.), for analysis for trace metals by ICP-MS, ICP-DRC-MS, and ICP-QQQ-MS. Other duties would include calibration of lab equipment, lab maintenance, and cleaning.
- BS/BA degree in chemistry, environmental science, or a related field
- very high level of organization and attention to detail
- positive, upbeat attitude
- must show ability to work in groups and be a team player
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- ability to multi-task and stay on top of many projects at the same time
- show demonstrated ability to successfully follow SOPs
- ability to perform repetitive tasks with a high level of success
- ability to lift 30 pounds and stand for periods of up to 10 hours
- a penchant for perfection and an eagerness to learn, contribute, and excel
- must be legally able to work in the US. Local candidates preferred.
Position Details: This position reports the Trace Metals Group Leader. Compensation is $14-17/hour, dependent on level of experience. This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position with full benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance, generous PTO, and 401k matching. Please see our careers page for more information.
If you have a desire to perform laboratory work in a field where you can make a difference, you are encouraged to apply. To be considered for a position at Brooks Applied Labs, please email your cover letter (please feel free to express your personality!) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; please reference “Sample Prep Chemist” in the subject line.