Metals Chemist with ICP-MS Experience
Brooks Applied Labs, an analytical chemistry laboratory located in Bothell, specializing in trace metals analysis and speciation to support the environmental and pharmaceutical market sectors, is looking for an analytical wizard with working experience on ICP-MS instrumentation to be a part of our analytical chemistry pharma group.
- Analysis of samples for trace metals by ICP-QQQ-MS
- Data upload and review
- Preparation of samples
- Calibration and maintenance of lab equipment and cleaning
- Adherence to CGMP protocols
Academic & Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 1-year experience with ICP-MS in a commercial or government laboratory setting
- familiarity with ICP-MS interference reduction technologies and Agilent software/instrumentation is a big plus.
- BS/BA degree in chemistry, environmental science, or a related field
- MS/MA in chemistry, environmental science, or a related field is a plus.
- Knowledge of clean techniques and EPA Methods
- Ability to read and follow SOPs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to keep a positive, upbeat attitude in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work in groups and be a team player
- Must be legally able to work in the US. Local candidates preferred.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
This is a laboratory position. Potential candidates must be comfortable working in a lab environment and using established safety protocols and protective equipment to perform the required duties. Duties may include:
- Handling hazardous, caustic and corrosive chemical compounds
- Working in a fume hood
- Wearing a respirator
- Standing for up to 6 hours
- Some over-time may be required on short notice
- Repetitive tasks involving fine motor skills and a high level of precision
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
This position reports to the Trace Metals Pharmaceutical Group Lead. Compensation is dependent on level of experience (typically $18-$22/hour). This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position with full benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance, generous PTO, and 401k. Please see our Careers page for more information.
If you want to be part of a team that is driving positive environmental and human health outcomes through high-quality science and research, you are encouraged to apply!
To apply, please email your Cover Letter – Required! (please feel free to express your personality!) and Resume to email@example.com; please reference “Metals Chemist” in the subject line.
It is the policy of BAL not to discriminate in hiring, promoting, subcontracting, or in any other way discriminate against persons based upon gender, religion, race, national origin, color, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, sensory/mental/physical disability or serious medical condition, pregnancy or childbirth-related medical condition, breastfeeding status, citizenship status, military status, or any other classifications protected by state or federal law.