Technical Sales Specialist – Outside Sales
Brooks Applied Labs (BAL), an analytical chemistry laboratory in Bothell specializing in trace metals analysis and speciation, is looking for a Technical Sales Specialist with a focus on outside sales to the pharmaceutical industry to join our business development team. As a Technical Sales Specialist (aka Technical Services Specialist), you would represent and sell BAL’s highly-technical analytical services to businesses and organizations. The successful candidate for this role will need to have a deep understanding of the sales process. For this position, BAL will hire a hard-working, bright, customer-service oriented person with exceptional organizational and communication skills and a proven track record of increasing sales contributing to company growth.
Job responsibilities include:
- Developing an individual sales plan that aligns with BAL Business Development Plan and establishes goals for an individual book of business that can be tracked on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Generating leads and identifying new potential pharmaceutical clients
- Preparing quotations for current and potential clients
- Meeting with current and potential clients to make sales presentations and discuss service options
- Attending, presenting, and occasionally exhibiting at national trade conferences and meetings
- Negotiating pricing and contract terms with clients
- Collaborating with the BAL marketing team to ensure marketing needs are met and contribute to achieving company revenue goals
- Lead account management duties, in collaboration with the assigned BAL Project Manager, for key accounts
- Meeting or exceeding quarterly and annual sales goals
- Weekly verbal reports to Sales Manager
All members of the BAL business development group function as a team and support each other with these responsibilities.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in a sales or sales management role for an analytical chemistry laboratory, pharmaceutical R&D department, or closely related industry
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a business- or science-related discipline
- Ability to quickly learn and understand the BAL scientific scope of services (specialty analytical chemistry for metals and metals speciation)
- Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with current and potential clients
- Superb communication skills, including the ability to explain complex scientific information in a way that non-scientists can easily understand (verbally and in writing)
- Commitment to BAL’s core values, including uncompromising data quality and exceptional customer service
- Attention to detail, the ability to work under pressure, and multi-task
- Must demonstrate proven ability to work in small groups as a team player as well as to excel as an individual performer.
- Must be able to travel to meet with clients and attend conferences (approximately 1 week/month but could vary greatly from quarter to quarter).
- Must be legally able to work in the U.S.
- Experience in a commercial analytical chemistry laboratory, including a strong familiarity with analytical methods for the analysis of metals
- Knowledge of ISO 17025, ICH, and CGMP requirements
- Experience with USP, EPA, and ASTM methodologies for elemental analyses
- Experience with the pharmaceutical research and development industry
Position Details & Compensation: This is a full-time, salaried (exempt; not eligible for overtime) position with full benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance, generous PTO, 401k matching, profit-sharing, and significant opportunities for growth. Compensation will include a base salary, commission on new work brought to the company, and annual incentive bonus based on achievement of individual and group goals. This position is located in Bothell, WA (outside of Seattle) and a stipend for reimbursement of relocation expenses will be included in compensation package. Please see our Careers page for more information about our benefits package.
If you have a desire to be part of a dynamic and growing company that performs high-level laboratory work in a field where you can make a difference, you are encouraged to apply.
To be considered for a position at Brooks Applied Labs, please email your cover letter (feel free to express your personality!) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; please reference “Outside Sales” in the subject line.
It is the policy of BAL not to discriminate in hiring, promoting, subcontracting, or in any other way discriminate against persons based upon gender, religion, race, national origin, color, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, sensory/mental/physical disability or serious medical condition, pregnancy or childbirth-related medical condition, breastfeeding status, citizenship status, military status, or any other classifications protected by state or federal law.