Brooks Applied Labs (BAL), an analytical laboratory in the Seattle area specializing in trace metals and speciation analysis, has a unique Research Chemist opportunity available. This position offers the opportunity to work in a commercial laboratory while pursuing individual research in analytical chemistry using Laser Ablation and Multi Collector ICPMS.
As a Research Chemist, you will be primarily responsible for the Multi Collector ICPMS (NU Plasma 1700) in our lab. You are expected to direct and/or perform research and publish research results in peer-reviewed scientific publications. You will also work closely with our academic partners and clients to solve their analytical problems.
- PhD in chemistry, environmental science, or a closely-related field with a proven track record of publications on Multi Collector ICPMS.
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience with Multi Collector ICP-MS is required.
- Strong knowledge and experience in purification of elements from complex matrices for MC-ICP-MS
- Experience in quantitative bulk analysis and/or elemental imaging using LA-ICP-MS is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and stay on top of many projects at the same time.
- Positive, can-do attitude and ability to work in groups and ability to be a team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If you are a motivated self-starter with strong attention to detail and excellent laboratory skills, we encourage you to apply!
Our employees reflect our core values of creating a nurturing culture, striving for excellence and integrity in the work we produce, and contributing to a collaborative work environment. Please see our website (www.brooksapplied.com) for more information.
It is the policy of BAL not to discriminate in hiring, promoting, subcontracting, or in any other way discriminate against persons based upon gender, religion, race, national origin, color, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, sensory/mental/physical disability or serious medical condition, pregnancy or childbirth-related medical condition, breastfeeding status, citizenship status, military status, or any other classifications protected by state or federal law.
This is a full-time position in which the employee will be eligible for standard benefits after a brief waiting period.
Please send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com with “Research Chemist Multicollector-ICPMS” in the subject line.
Perks of the Job
– Competitive Salary
– 401k Matching
– Health, Dental & Vision
– Paid Vacation