Trace Metals Analyst / Chemist with ICP-MS Experience
Brooks Applied Labs, an analytical chemistry laboratory located in Seattle, specializing in trace metals and speciation analysis to support the environmental, food and pharmaceutical market sectors, is looking for an analytical wizard with working experience on ICP-MS instrumentation to join our team.
Brooks Applied Labs is an analytical chemistry laboratory, located in Seattle, that specializes in trace metals analysis and speciation to support the environmental and pharmaceutical market sectors. Our employees reflect our core values of creating a nurturing culture, striving for excellence and integrity in the work we produce, and contributing to a collaborative work environment.
If you are a motivated self-starter with strong attention to detail and excellent laboratory skills, we encourage you to apply!
- Analysis of samples for trace metals or speciation analysis by ICP-MS
- Data upload and review
- Preparation of samples (waters, sediments, biota, etc.)
- Calibration and maintenance of lab equipment and cleaning
- Experience with Agilent ICP-MS in a commercial or government laboratory setting.
- Working knowledge of liquid or ion chromatography systems
- Minimum BS/BA degree in chemistry, environmental science, or a related field
- Strong knowledge of EPA Methods and QA/QC requirements.
- Ability to read and follow SOPs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to keep a positive, upbeat attitude in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work in groups and be a team player
- Must be legally able to work in the US. Local candidates preferred.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
This is a laboratory position. Potential candidates must be comfortable working in a lab environment and using established safety protocols and protective equipment to perform the required duties. Duties may include:
- Handling hazardous, caustic and corrosive chemical compounds
- Working in a fume hood
- Wearing a respirator
- Standing for up to 6 hours
- Some over-time may be required on short notice
- Repetitive tasks involving fine motor skills and a high level of precision
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
Perks of the Job
– Competitive Salary
– 401k Matching
– Health, Dental & Vision
– Paid Vacation